Safety is definitely the top most priority of any individual at any given time. It is essential to understand that apart from road traffic there are also other places that need to have traffic management. Especially on worksites it is of utmost importance to properly control and facilitate traffic in a safe and effective manner so as to ensure the safety of the passersbys and also the employees working on the site. It is a very daunting task to control and smoothly facilitate the traffic of any given worksite, hence it is best to leave the traffic management Melbourne to the professionals. Professionals understand that each workplace is unique and comes with its own set of requirements and needs. And they device the plans according to that.
Given below are some tips for traffic management in Melbourne on a worksite, these tips will help your workplace to be safe and efficient at the same time.
- The lanes for vehicles and pedestrians should be differentiated in a proper way so that there is no confusion over where the people driving vehicles should go and as to where the people walking by foot should go.
- Floor markings are very essential, the danger prone areas like crossings should be efficiently managed. Floor markings, lights, barricades etc should be effectively utilized.
- According to the size and power of the vehicles that are used on a work site the barricades should be utilized. Mostly professionals first make a list of all the vehicles that are utilized in the workplace and only then they use the barricades accordingly.
- Take the initiative to form a separate marked route for pedestrians on the work site, this way you will reduce the chances of accidents.
- It is very important that the heavy duty vehicles that are used on a work site are being driven by trained and certified drivers.
- Apart from creating a separate pedestrian route, it should be made sure that the path has a different color compared to other routes, thus decreasing the chances of mishaps.
- Make sure that the potential hazard zones are clearly defined by paint or floor marking so that pedestrians do not enter the danger prone area.
- When there is a turn or a curve in the route, ensure that some sign board is kept for the vehicles so that the chances of accidents are reduced to none.