- Two posts Car lifts – these are best for the home, garages and can get adjusted in a very little space. The types are – symmetrical and asymmetrical.
- Four posts car lifts – vehicles can be driven directly into it and these have more capacity and can take very heavy loads. Such types are used normally for general servicing and wheel alignments.
- Scissor style – it has the capacity of holding vehicles like buses. These are mostly liked by the professionals. These are also used for adjusting wheel alignments.
- Low rise models – features a dropped crossbar having a low profile preventing the damage of the body.
- Pit hoists – it is space saving and can work efficiently providing security.
- Single posts – single armed having a wide platform is suitable for boat, truck, cars and other similar type of the recreational vehicles.
Using these car hoists without proper knowledge can be very dangerous, especially in the case of the heavy duty ones which are used for lifting up large and heavy vehicles. It is important to carefully understand the different types of car hoist operation. Even a fraction of error can cause a disaster. Therefore, a proper understanding of its working and capacity is required. It is thus necessary that you are acquainted with the different types. First of all, before finalizing a type to buy, consider the type of vehicles that you will be lifting. The frequency of its usage and the availability of space are also important factors to be looked at before choosing one. Considering other requirements is also important.